General Slow Cooker Tips
- 1 hour on HIGH is equal to two hours on LOW.
- The LOW setting is about 77C, and the HIGH setting is about 88-93C. Note
that both of these temps are well above the minimum safe temperature of 60C.
- Only fill the slow cooker one half to two thirds full. The foods will not
cook properly if the appliance is filled to the brim. If the food and liquid
level is lower, the foods will cook too quickly.
- Foods cooked on the bottom of the slow cooker cook faster and will be
moister because they are immersed in the simmering liquid.
- Don't lift the lid to stir, especially if you are cooking on the low
setting. Each time you lift the lid, enough heat will escape that the
cooking time should be extended by 20 minutes to half an hour.
Tips & Interesting Information about Slow